TollsTapCrew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Fight Night 85: Hunt vs. Mir

Go down

UFC Fight Night 85: Hunt vs. Mir Empty UFC Fight Night 85: Hunt vs. Mir

Post by Toll Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:59 am

Mark Hunt vs. Frank Mir
Both men have a chance to end it with one punch, but I feel like Hunt's chin might be fading. Mir has recently faced some heavy hitters and either won via TKO or lost via Decision. When Mir has enough time off between fights to let his body recover, he says it helps. Part of me feels like Mir isn't going to end it in the first and that favors Hunt. My heart says Mir by TKO, but my gut is telling me Hunt by TKO in the later rounds.

Hector Lombard vs. Neil Magny
At first I was a little suspicious how Lombard would handle Magny's height and reach, but looking into it, he's faced similar competition. Magny is pretty tough, so I feel like Lombard by Decision > Lombard by early TKO.

Johnny Case vs. Jake Matthews
I don't follow either fighter very well, so I'm going with Case because 4 out of the 5 guys he's last faced, had 1 loss or less. And now Matthews falls into that category. Case by Decision.

Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Daniel Kelly
Kelly's Olympic Judo vs ACJ's World Class BJJ. On paper it looks like a bad match up for ACJ, as he lost to the wrestler Patrick Cummins. But I didn't see or don't remember the fight. But once it's on the ground, Júnior SUB2.

James Te Huna vs. Steve Bossé
I guess I'm in the minority on this one. Both fighters have fought at LHW, but looks like Bossé fought at HW before that. His only recent loss coming from a head kick, and Te Huna's only TKO loss comes against Shogun, both losses are respectable. Te Huna's kryptonite however, is submissions. If Bossé is smart he might game plan such a strategy. So I'm leaning towards a 1st round finish for Bossé.

Seo Hee Ham vs. Bec Rawlings
Originally had picked Ham by Decision, but after a closer look, Rawlings hasn't lost on home turf since her very first fight. Jet lag can really throw fighters off. I might have to switch to Rawlings by Decision or even Submission, since she's fighting in front of her home crowd.

Brendan O'Reilly vs. Alan Jouban
I don't know anything about O'Reilly, but Jouban has the experience and seems game enough to pull off the win. Following his record pattern... Decision win for Jouban.

Daniel Hooker vs. Mark Eddiva
Hooker doen't seem to travel well. Lucky for him he's fighting at home, so I'd look for the TKO finish.

Rin Nakai vs. Leslie Smith
Smith is a game fighter, but that's about it. Nakai took a Decision loss from the newly minted Champ, nothing wrong with that. Nakai by Decision, unless Smith's ear falls off.

Viscardi Andrade vs. Richard Walsh
Looks like this might be Andrade's first fight outside of Brazil. Still I think his experience overwhelms Walsh. Andrade by TKO.

Ross Pearson vs. Chad Laprise
Hmm, I'm 4-6 at Pearson predictions. And I'm just as bad at picking Laprise(2-3). Originally had Laprise by Decision. Pearson originally slated to fight Abel Trujillo, Laprise fighting on short notice, neither fighter has to worry about making weight with the fight at 170lbs. Hmm. Probably gonna stick with my original pick, but I don't have a lot of confidence in it.

Alan Patrick vs. Damien Brown
Brown fighting Patrick on short notice. Patrick could get a quick Submission win here, or grind out a Decision.

Toll

Back to top Go down